Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The use of "Maria" in TGA music

The use of "Maria" in TGA music

Postby PJK » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:36 pm

I've heard "Maria" used a lot in TGA music. I've seen in interviews that it is an arbitrary name to keep the real people obviously unexposed. I assume it is the influence of the Counting Crows, since they sang about "Maria" too, and TGA even used a few of their lyrics, for example: "...and Maria came from Nashville with a suitcase in here hand..."

It shows in several of their songs. Additionally, I noticed, especially in their earlier music, they used many lyrics from other artists, such as the above. Has anyone else noticed this? What do you think about it?
PJK

Site Admin

Re: The use of "Maria" in TGA music

Postby jonester » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

maria came from nashville is from counting crow ; round here. Otherwise I just think it's a romantic but generic name of yesteryear with maybe a little swaying from bruces like of it.
jonester

Return to General TGA Discussion