Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Who wrote which songs?

Who wrote which songs?

Postby PJK » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm curious, what percent of the songs were written by which members? Where can I find this info? I was under the impression Brian Fallon wrote most, but I may be wrong.
PJK

Site Admin

Re: Who wrote which songs?

Postby johnkelly730 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:37 am

I checked a few of the vinyls I have for this info but didn't find it. I would bet Brian Fallon wrote the majority on the songs. I kind of remember hearing somewhere that Benny might have written one or two. Don't remember though and it could have been a different Benny in a different band.
johnkelly730

Postby PJK » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:38 am

johnkelly730 wrote:I checked a few of the vinyls I have for this info but didn't find it. I would bet Brian Fallon wrote the majority on the songs. I kind of remember hearing somewhere that Benny might have written one or two. Don't remember though and it could have been a different Benny in a different band.

I originally thought Brian wrote most, but I saw an interview where he said every member contributes equally to the band. If that is the case, surely they would write a lot more than we think?

I wonder where we can get this info....
PJK

Site Admin

Postby johnkelly730 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 pm

I did some research and apparently the CD inserts give the entire band credit for all of their original songs. They were "written and composed by Brian Fallon, Alex Rosamilia, Alex Levine, and Benny Horowitz." Group effort, it seems.
johnkelly730

Postby PJK » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:32 am

Hmmm.... some were definitely written by individuals. Brian has even said "I didn't write this" on one song specifically right before he plays it.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby hsmall » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:02 am

PJK wrote:Hmmm.... some were definitely written by individuals. Brian has even said "I didn't write this" on one song specifically right before he plays it.

For which song does he say that?
hsmall

Postby PJK » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:08 pm

It is during this session, right before Sowing Season at 8:30 I think:

It is an excellent session if you haven't watched it.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby johnkelly730 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

He says he didn't write it because it's a cover song
johnkelly730

Return to General TGA Discussion