Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

All Time Favorite Gaslight Lyric

All Time Favorite Gaslight Lyric

Postby hsmall » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 pm

This is a very hard one to choose because a lot of Gaslight lyrics are very poetic and leave the window open for interpretation. But I gotta go with the line in Too Much Blood that goes, "I am no angel, but I got nothing to hide!" I chose that line because it really reminds me that I don't have to be perfect and that I should always stay honest with myself and others. What about you guys? What Gaslight lyrics have really spoken to you and meant something to you? Or just your favorite Gaslight lyric?
hsmall

Re: All Time Favorite Gaslight Lyric

Postby PJK » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:07 pm

That is such a hard question. So many parts of so many songs remind me of amazing things, or some of bad things, or some of just things I can relate to.

I can't even choose one, but I'll list a few:
  • "Stay the same don't ever change" - I like it since it isn't possible, and it recognizes that people do change over the course of their life (it could be very quick, or be gradual).
  • "The ideal angels twist and turn, ask forgiveness for future mistakes." - You can't connect the dots looking forward, but you easily connect them looking back.
  • "And how much time do you think that we have?" - Obviously this is about starting over in a relationship, but it really makes you think about how fast time is. Really, how much time do we have? No one knows.
  • "Does anything still move you since you're educated now? And all grown up and travelled so well" - People are easy to judge by age, or looks, or whatever. The reality is it is irrelevant, and a bad generalization. Try hard not to assume anything about anyone, because you have no idea where they came from or what is happening (or has happened) in their life.

I could go on and on, but that is a start.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby jonester » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:55 pm

While the gravity hangs on all the selling points you had. Your physical attributes will only last so long,then what?
jonester

Postby hsmall » Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:08 pm

jonester wrote:While the gravity hangs on all the selling points you had. Your physical attributes will only last so long,then what?

I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
hsmall

Postby PJK » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:16 am

hsmall wrote:
jonester wrote:While the gravity hangs on all the selling points you had. Your physical attributes will only last so long,then what?

That is his favorite lyrics, from The Queen of Lower Chelsea.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby hsmall » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:56 am

PJK wrote:
hsmall wrote:

That is his favorite lyrics, from The Queen of Lower Chelsea.

Oh right. Haha sorry I'm not to familiar with that song.
hsmall

Next

Return to Into the Music