Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How many TGA concerts have you been to?



Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby PJK » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 am

Awesome. The small venue concerts would have been awesome to see. It's too bad those days are long over.
PJK

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby jonester » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:17 pm

I've seen them 6 times Twice in Asbury Park , stone pony & convention center.Four times in NYC. bruce came out at the convention center to do American Slang and the place was rockin'.
jonester

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm
Location: long island, N.Y.

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby over here now » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:50 pm

jonester wrote:I've seen them 6 times Twice in Asbury Park , stone pony & convention center.Four times in NYC. bruce came out at the convention center to do American Slang and the place was rockin'.



Right before Bruce came out for a second it sounded like people were "booing" when they were chanting "Bruce". That was a great show.
over here now

 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:30 pm

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby jonester » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:02 pm

The place was going crazy when Bruce showed. I'm a huge fan of Bruce and I was going nuts along with most others.
jonester

 
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:46 pm
Location: long island, N.Y.

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby PJK » Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:18 pm

The only small venue things I could see would be charity-type events.
PJK

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby Pez » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:45 pm

I live in London & have seen them 5 times (all venues in London). They're second only to Bruce for me!
Pez

 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby PJK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:55 am

Pez wrote:I live in London & have seen them 5 times (all venues in London). They're second only to Bruce for me!

That is great. How many people typically show up to the London shows, and do they sell out?

How many Springsteen concerts have you been to?
PJK

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby Pez » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:50 am

PJK wrote:
Pez wrote:I live in London & have seen them 5 times (all venues in London). They're second only to Bruce for me!

That is great. How many people typically show up to the London shows, and do they sell out?

How many Springsteen concerts have you been to?


Well Troxy holds about 3,500 and was pretty much sold out for both nights I think. It's a great venue - old Art Deco cinema. The GA section is pretty small - I was about 5 back on the Friday night gig, which was great! Also seen them at Hammersmith (THE Hammersmith, famous for the '75 Bruce show :) ), Brixton and Hyde Park. All venues were pretty full.

I've seen Bruce 6 or 7 times I think and am going to 6 shows this summer! My first Bruce gig was the '88 Amnesty International tour at Wembley Stadium (also my first ever gig!). Have you seen Bruce?
Pez

 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby PJK » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:14 pm

Pez wrote:
PJK wrote:
Pez wrote:I live in London & have seen them 5 times (all venues in London). They're second only to Bruce for me!

That is great. How many people typically show up to the London shows, and do they sell out?

How many Springsteen concerts have you been to?


Well Troxy holds about 3,500 and was pretty much sold out for both nights I think. It's a great venue - old Art Deco cinema. The GA section is pretty small - I was about 5 back on the Friday night gig, which was great! Also seen them at Hammersmith (THE Hammersmith, famous for the '75 Bruce show :) ), Brixton and Hyde Park. All venues were pretty full.

I've seen Bruce 6 or 7 times I think and am going to 6 shows this summer! My first Bruce gig was the '88 Amnesty International tour at Wembley Stadium (also my first ever gig!). Have you seen Bruce?

Good to hear. That is awesome you've seen Bruce that many times - I take it they are good shows? How are you seeing 6 shows this summer?

Unfortunately I haven't been to many concerts overall, and have never been to a Bruce concert. I would have loved to see him back in the 80's. One of my favorites:
PJK

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:06 pm
Location: Bangkok, Thailand

Re: How many TGA concerts have you been to?

Postby Pez » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Bruce's shows are just amazing - you have to put him top of you list to see!!
I have 2 London shows, then Cardiff, Leeds and 2 in Kilkenny this summer. Can't wait!
Good clip there, thanks for posting!
Pez

 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General TGA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron