Welcome to the TGAfans.com, discussion for Gaslight Anthem music fans! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us and we'll help you get started. We look forward to seeing you on the Forums!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Horrible Crowes

Re: The Horrible Crowes

Postby PJK » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:51 pm

True, true. How successful were the Traveling Willbury's though? Did they ever tour? Considering the number of popular artists, I have the impression the Traveling Willbur'ys should have been much more successful than they were.

It isn't possible to do 2 simultaneous tours unless both bands are traveling together. I just don't see much point. I guess as long as both bands are still producing excellent music, why not.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby johnkelly730 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Their first album was really successful. I think it was after Orbison died that the band had less success.
I don't think you have to do a big tour to be accomplished. Touring is probably more about the money than the music anyway. If you just want to get good music to people, touring isn't a necessity.
johnkelly730

Postby jonester » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:14 pm

One thing touring does do is make fans out of people that weren't really hard core fans. I've seen it happen too many times with Springsteen, when some one would go just for something to do. They would inevitably have a great time and before you know it have his whole catalog of songs. Next thing you know , they're on the pit line. But you need to have great live shows for this too happen, bruce and gaslight do.
jonester

Postby PJK » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 am

I've now listened to the whole "Elsie" album. I need to listen to it more, but initial thoughts:
- It is Brian's vent on religion. He has repeatedly said he won't bring his religion into TGA. This album has a lot of references to jesus and religion.
- Elsie is a slower album (compared to TGA), and relatively relaxed. Not much heavy drumming, just some sound and some singing.
- Several songs sound like others songs I've heard, but I can't quite pin what they are.
PJK

Site Admin

Postby PJK » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:51 am

I've listened to more of them recently. I like the song "I Witnessed a Crime".
PJK

Site Admin

Postby lenna » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Damn I f*ing LOVE The Horrible Crowes! Have any of you pre-ordered their "Live At The Troubadour"? I found shipping for the S1D Bundle to Europe a little to high therefore pre-ordered the slightly smaller finestvinyl Edition http://www.finestvinyl.de/de/item/64698/shirts.57.html but it's the tee that I was after, so I guess I'm absolutely happy with this.
lenna

Postby PJK » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:31 am

Came across this today, pretty good:
PJK

Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Music Discussion